If you’re picking up Smite in the year 2022, you’re going to need a Smite tier list. With the smash-hit MOBA now over eight years old, there’s a cascading and ever-increasing list of characters you can pick up to take into the fray, with some more well-equipped and ready for battle than others.
So, we’ve put together a Smite tier list fresh for season nine, detailing the best and boldest gods to take into the arena. Of course, characters are regularly updated to buff or nerf their special effects, so be sure to bookmark this page as we’ll be keeping afoot of any changes that might affect the meta.
To find out the best way to play Hi Rez Studios’ mythical monster of a title, check out our guide to Smite servers. Or, if you’re looking for something else with a historical vibe and a sharp edge, check out our picks for the best pirate games, ninja games, and samurai games on Switch and mobile.
Smite tiers explained
As there’s so many characters, we’ve had to slightly expand the number of tiers used to create a coherent Smite tier list. Due to these expanded tiers, we thought it best to run through each ranking and explain what it means, and how viable the characters belonging to that ranking are in competitive play.
- S+ – only the best of the best Smite characters make S+ tier, and these are the gods you’re most likely to see over and over again in online play.
- S – Under the cream of the crop, S-rank characters are still worth playing, especially if your playstyle suits a specific S-tier character.
- A – Our a-tier roster is made up of some potent omnipotents, but all of them lack a certain something or have an obvious weakness, and that keeps them out of the higher echelons.
- B – B is bang average for this list, with all of the characters under this ranking only really viable for use if you consider yourself an expert in their playstyle.
- C – We don’t recommend using C rank characters unless there’s a specific reason for you wanting to use them, or if you just want to mix things up a little from your S+/S tier main.
- D – Unfortunately, the characters we’ve ranked at D tier just aren’t worth using, and should be avoided at all costs.
Smite tier list
|S+||Yemoja, Cthulhu, Kukulkan, Tsukuyomi, Set, Odin|
|S||Agni, Lancelot, Thor, Shiv, Olorun, Agni, Jing Wei, Apollo, Heimdallr, Ratatoskr, Bakasura|
|A||King Arthur, Bastet, Athena, Tyr, Cabrakan, Ah Puch, Hera, Isis, Susano, Mulan, Merlin, Cerberus, Fenrir, Ganesha, Hercules, Baba Yaga, Da Ji, Baron Samedi, Artio, Ares, Ganesha, Cu Chulainn, Kuzenbo, Rama, Ravana, Thoth, Vulcan, Xbalanque, Mogan, Zhong Kui, Chronos, Horus, Medusa, Arachne|
|B||Da Ji, Geb, Persephone, Erlang Shen, Chiron, Pele, Terra, Vamana, Zeus, Tiamat, Danzaburou, Achilles, Anhur, Neith, Nemesis, Ra, Serqet, Scylla, Hachiman, Hun Batz, Izanami, Serqet, Sobek, Sol, Atlas, The Morrigan, Jormungandr, Thanatos|
|C||Amaterasu, Artemis, Sun Wukong, Cliodhna, Sylvanus, Fafnir, Chaas, Bacchus, Guan Yu, Awilix, Hades, Camazotz, Guan Yu, Kali, Skadi, Nu Wa, Skadi, Xing Tian|
|D||Anubis, Loki, Osiris, Poseidon, Nike, Nox, Ymir, Ah Muzen Cab, Cabrakan, Hel, Discordia|