Marko Arnautovic: Manchester United pull out of deal for Bologna forward after £7.6m bid rejected | Football News

[ad_1]

Manchester United will not be pursuing a deal for Bologna striker Marko Arnautovic.

Sky Sports News revealed last week that United had a bid of £7.6m rejected for the former West Ham and Stoke City forward.

United were expected to go back in with an improved offer, but have decided to move on to other targets.

Bologna’s asking price for the forward was believed to be more than what United were prepared to pay.

Bologna sporting director Marco Di Vaio looked to close the door on United’s attempts to sign Arnautovic, claiming the forward is “priceless”.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Gary Neville criticised Manchester United’s recent transfer policy after Sky Italy reported the club had a bid rejected for former West Ham striker Marko Arnautovic

Sky in Italy reported on Sunday that United had a bid of approximately £7.6m turned down by Bologna for the 33-year-old, and are expected to return with an improved offer.

“We want to keep going with Arnautovic and keep him, he’s at the centre of our project,” Di Vaio told Italia 1.

“Bologna’s wish now is to keep our current team and strengthen it in order to have an important season. Money is not the issue, Marko is priceless for us.”

United agree Rabiot deal with Juventus

Following their continued unsuccessful pursuit of Frenkie de Jong, Manchester United are now said to be interested in signing Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot.
Image:
Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot

Meanwhile, United have agreed a deal to sign Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot. There is still work to do until the deal is complete, with personal terms still needing to be negotiated with his agent and mother Veronique.

Rabiot – who joined Juventus as a free agent in the summer of 2019, is in the final year of his contract and has fallen out of favour at the Italian giants.

Juventus are satisfied with letting Rabiot leave the club this summer before his contract ends in 2023.

Adrien Rabot's 2021/22 stats with Juventus
Image:
Adrien Rabot’s 2021/22 stats with Juventus

United have continued to work on all midfield options as a transfer for Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong has been a complicated one to do, but they have not given up on De Jong, and there is still a belief there is a deal to be done.

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has reiterated there have been offers but has indicated that De Jong wants to stay, and that the club want him to stay. However, economic issues have not gone away and the matter of De Jong’s deferred wages remains unresolved.

Central midfield has been a priority position all summer for United and signing both Rabiot and De Jong has not been ruled out.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *